Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)
Date
In response to Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)  (Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org>)
Responses Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)  (Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Jan Urbański <wulczer@wulczer.org> wrote:
> On 12/01/11 19:57, Jan Urbański wrote:
>>
>>> And actually, if I change my rule to read:
>>>
>>> $(SUBDIRS:%=all-%-recurse): $(top_builddir)/src/include/utils/errcodes.h
>>>
>>> it works. Now whether that's acceptable or not is another thing entirely...
>>
>> And so I came up with three patches to make errcodes.h, plerrcodes.h and
>> errcodes.sgml (respectively) generated files.
>
> Darn, forgot about MSVC again. See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4D2DF996.9000100@wulczer.org
> for details on how this works.
>
> Attached are the previous 3 patches and a fourth one that adds MSVC support.

I think these look good.  I'm not sure there's any value in stripping
the duplicates out of plerrcodes.h, though, even if they were
undocumented:

-    "array_element_error", ERRCODE_ARRAY_ELEMENT_ERROR
-    "datetime_value_out_of_range", ERRCODE_DATETIME_VALUE_OUT_OF_RANGE
-    "undefined_cursor", ERRCODE_UNDEFINED_CURSOR
-    "undefined_database", ERRCODE_UNDEFINED_DATABASE
-    "undefined_pstatement", ERRCODE_UNDEFINED_PSTATEMENT
-    "undefined_schema", ERRCODE_UNDEFINED_SCHEMA

I'm attaching a few other proposed adjustments.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment