Re: Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Restore
Date
List pgsql-general
In a technical discussion, please don't top post.  It destroys
formatting of previous comments and disrupts the flow.  People trying
to come in halfway down a conversation will be thrown for a loop and
find.  I would reformat your reply to be inline but this message isn't
about changing your config.  I'll just cut most of the previous and
put it at the bottom.

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
> -----Original Message----- From: Adrian Klaver
> On Friday 24 December 2010 5:00:19 pm Bob Pawley wrote:
>>
>>> The postgres database probably has a password.
>>> Maybe I need to delete the postgres database.
>
>> No don't do that. It is basically empty and can be recreated if needed but
>> there
>> is no need to delete it.

> I just stopped the server after changing config to trust and I got the
> message `System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied`

So I see you're running windows so I too am now out of my area of
expertise.  Can you show us the changes you made configuration wise?
They might provide a clue.