Re: BUG #5599: Vacuum fails due to index corruption issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: BUG #5599: Vacuum fails due to index corruption issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Hitesh Bhambhani
<hitesh.bhambhani@asg.com> wrote:
> [HiteshB] I have noted your recommendation and will work with our Product Management to upgrade to the latest and
greatest.Although we can't change the version that the customer has installed (8.2.9-1).

The latest and greatest is 8.4.x which has lots of new features
including improvements to VACUUM. 9.0 will be out soon and will
replace VACUUM FULL entirely too.

However 8.2.17 is the same as the version you're using except with
dozens of known bugs fixed and security holes patched.

--
greg