Re: PHP Web Auditing and Authorization - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Massa, Harald Armin
Subject Re: PHP Web Auditing and Authorization
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill,

We got this same kind of thing working by using PostgreSQL env variables.
First, set custom_variable_classes in your postgresql.conf.  You can then
use the SET command to set variables of that class, and use them in your
functions:

that is an interesting hack. Just googled up

and now I am wondering, where did you get your confidence  that those variables are bound to sessions and NOT bound to server instances? My reading of that documentation let me stay in the assumption, those variables are the same across server instances....

Harald
--
GHUM GmbH
Harald Armin Massa