Re: Slow query execution over high latency network - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Clemens Eisserer
Subject Re: Slow query execution over high latency network
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Andrej,

Thanks a lot for taking a loot at the tcpdump data.

> I just had a brief glance over your tcpdump data ... are you sure
> hibernate isn't using a cursor to fetch each row individually?

Pretty sure, yes. I get the same performance when executing the
hibernate-generated query using JDBC,
even setting a large fetch-size doesn't improve the situation:

>         st.setFetchSize(100);
>        st.setFetchDirection(ResultSet.FETCH_FORWARD);

Could it be jdbc driver struggles with the huge number of columns (~500)?

Thanks, Clemens