Re: Postgres connection errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Uckun
Subject Re: Postgres connection errors
Date
List pgsql-general

> Most of the cases we've seen like that have been because multiple
> threads in the client application were trying to use the same PGconn
> connection object concurrently.  There's no cross-thread synchronization
> built into libpq, so you have to provide the interlocks yourself if
> there's any possibility of multiple threads touching the same PGconn
> concurrently.  And it will not support more than one query at a time
> in any case.

These are not threaded daemons but this does give me some sort of a
clue to work on. I noticed that there is a call to clear stale
connections which might be the culprit because in the case of these
workers there is only one connection.