Re: REINDEX requirement? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: REINDEX requirement?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:
> [...]

Look at the results of pgstatindex(...) function for specific index.
It's part of pgstattupple contrib module - read it up in the docs.

If you are looking for a "poor mans" tool, we have a script that will output numbers on table/index bloat. It's not entirely accurate (patches welcome), but usually good enough to highlight the problems. See http://labs.omniti.com/labs/pgtreats/log/trunk/tools/pg_bloat_report.pl

Robert Treat
play: http://www.xzilla.net
work: http://www.omniti.com/is/hiring