Re: PG signal handler and non-reentrant malloc/free calls - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: PG signal handler and non-reentrant malloc/free calls
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Heck, you can just put an Assert(!ImmediateInterruptOK) there, although it
> will fire in the authentication phase because of the issue with
> ClientAuthentication. You can set debug_assertions=off in postgresql.conf
> and enable it again with SET after logging in to get around that.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. We could Assert(!ImmediateInterruptOK ||
ImmediateInterruptEnabledInQuestionablePlace)
at the beginning of a bunch of basic low-level routines like AllocSetAlloc.

--
greg