Re: ALTER DATABASE RENAME with HS/SR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: ALTER DATABASE RENAME with HS/SR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> OTOH, we don't have a similar interlock to prevent renaming users
> who have active sessions, so maybe we are being overprotective here.

Yep. What is worse is that we can drop users who have active sessions
on the standby. Then we can get the following error from those sessions:
   => SELECT current_user;   ERROR:  invalid role OID: 16384

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center