datestyle issue. Is it always set to ISO, DMY ? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ermengol Bota
Subject datestyle issue. Is it always set to ISO, DMY ?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,
I've seen that what I'm asking was discussed few years ago (2006) on this list

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2006-01/msg00042.php

but I would like to know if it is still the same.

The problem (or the issue or whatever) is that (I think) pgadminIII
doesn't recognize the variable datestyle, so it always sets it to:ISO, DMY.

So when you are exploring your data with the pgadmin tools you will
always see dates formatted as
yyyy-mm-dd

But, if you are on the query tool you can change this behaviour with
(for example)
set datestyle = "postgres, euro";

and then if you select a column with dates they will formatted the european way
dd-mm-yyyy

I've changed the datesyle in the configuration file (postgresql.conf),
so if I work from the command line with psql it shows dates as
expected (postgres style), but inside pgadmin it always show
yyyy-mm-dd even-thought you add the datestyle variable in the database
properties tab also.

Am I missing something?
Is this a correct behaviour?

My environment is:
- Linux (ubuntu) lucid
- postgresql 8.4
- pgadmin 1.10.2 (Mar 23 2010, rev: 8217)

Thanks,
--
* Ermengol *
* Els ordinadors no resolen problemes, *