Re: Invalid YAML output from EXPLAIN - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: Invalid YAML output from EXPLAIN
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 9 June 2010 12:07, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> w=
rote:
>> On 9 June 2010 03:48, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Er, I should also say, thanks for the report, and please test. =A0I am
>>> definitely not an expert on YAML.
>>>

>> I'm not an expert on YAML either, but I don't think this works (at
>> least it breaks against the online YAML parser here:
>> http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/). If the string starts with a
>> ".", then it tries to treat it as a floating point number and baulks
>> if the rest of the string isn't a valid number.
>
> Really? =A0I enter:
>
> - foo
> - bar
> - .baz
>
> And it produces this JSON:
>
> [
> =A0"foo",
> =A0"bar",
> =A0".baz"
> ]
>
> That looks OK to me.

Ah, OK I didn't test those cases properly before composing my email.
It's actually only a "." on its own that it can't parse.

- just: write some
- yaml:
  - .

ERROR:

invalid literal for float(): .

I'm not sure if that's valid YAML or not.

My comment about numbers still applies though. The following are
different values:

- just: write some
- yaml:
  - 123