Re: postgres function does not handle PUBLIC - expected? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: postgres function does not handle PUBLIC - expected?
Date
List pgsql-admin
2010/8/10 Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska@esri.com>

Szymon,

The PUBLIC role is a default, non login role, that is created with every postgres cluster/instance.

To my knowledge PUBLIC  is a standard user in any rdbms. So, existence of public is not the issue here.

Sincerely,

Kasia

No, there is no PUBLIC default role in ANY rdbms. In PostgreSQL there is PUBLIC schema, not role. In my PostgreSQL database there wasn't any such role... but I'll check that now... ok, I've checked, I've got 15 roles, none is names PUBLIC, what's more, I don't have any roles that cannot login.

run simple query: SELECT rolname FROM pg_roles; and check the existence of the PUBLIC role.

regards
Szymon Guz