cache lookup failed for index - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nathan Robertson
Subject cache lookup failed for index
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Everyone,

So I have a small web cluster that I'm running PSQL on. today, Apache failed which caused PSQL to fail which at some point caused some data in the database to become corrupt. So, now when I try to connect to the data in the database in question I get: FATAL:  cache lookup failed for index 2662. I get this when I try to connect on the standalone console or when I try to connect to the running server. So, this is going to sound terrible but there is no current backup of this database. As the admin this is really embarrassing and I know I messed up.

That said, could someone point me in the right direction for restoring this? I've tried to reindex which doesn't work because I can't even connect to the database in question. If I try to connect through the standalone console to the system and reindex the entire system the same error message pops up in the list.

What information can I provide that would help?

CentOS 5.5
PostgreSQL 8.1.21

This is the information from postgresql-Tue.log:
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2010-06-29 17:08:49 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/3788A208
LOG:  redo record is at 0/3788A208; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 610809; next OID: 28328
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 8; next MultiXactOffset: 15
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/3788A258
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database "postgres"
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2010-06-29 19:52:08 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/3788A258
LOG:  redo record is at 0/3788A258; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 610809; next OID: 28328
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 8; next MultiXactOffset: 15
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/3788A2A8
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database "postgres"
FATAL:  cache lookup failed for index 2662

Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

Nate Robertson