Re: 8.3.7, 'cache lookup failed' for a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: 8.3.7, 'cache lookup failed' for a table
Date
List pgsql-general
2010/5/12 Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>:
> --- On Wed, 12/5/10, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Alban Hertroys
>> <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>
>> wrote:

>> slave at some point though?

>> comes from postgresql itself does not mean the corruption
>> was not caused by misuse of slony.
>> >
>> > Indeed. I wonder if "when we ere adding/removing slony
>> to the system for Nth time (due to it sometimes going out of
>> sync)" may be caused by that as well.
>> >

>> ok, so either upgrade to newer version of slony, or drop
>> all tables,
>> and recreate them every time slony is removed and readded
>> to the
>> database.
>>

> Upgrading to slony 2.03 would prevent this from happening, but no there's no need to drop and recreate all tables
everytime slony is removed and re-added to the database - you just need you make sure you use slonik SET DROP TABLE
*before*dropping any table in postgresql. Look, here http://www.slony.info/documentation/stmtsetdroptable.html

>> And I guess the only reason postgresql doesn't like it, is
>> due to
>> slony's behavior.
>>

> Nope, due to slony not being used correctly!

ok, got it.

--
GJ