appending items to record variable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From x y
Subject appending items to record variable
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all

In plpgsql, is there a way to append rows to a record variable?

Each time a query like
SELECT mycolumn INTO myrecordvariable FROM ...
is executed, myrecordvariable seems to be reseted and previous entries are lost.

What I want to do is collect values throughout several conditionals
and then (when the collection is finished) continue processing  these
values - all in a single function.

An array does not suite because searching is to slow and creating a
temporary table is not what I want either..
Or are there any other means to collect items into a searchable list of values?

Cheers
Tobias