Re: How to add constraints without validating data. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nilesh Govindarajan
Subject Re: How to add constraints without validating data.
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Iñigo Martinez Lasala
<imartinez@vectorsf.com> wrote:
> You have to disable triggers.
>
> Two options:
>
> - Export table data, truncate table (if your table is fk source you will
> have a problem), add constraint and import exported data with
> --disable-triggers flag in pg_restore.
>
> - Perhaps you could add manually triger via pg_trigger table in pg_catalog
> whith an insert into this table.

How would disabling triggers help that ? He just wants to add
constraints without loss of data. I don't think he has any triggers.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr