Re: troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rosser Schwarz
Subject Re: troubled by pg_dump and pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Tena Sakai <sakaitena@yahoo.com> wrote:

Can someone please tell me (1) if there is anything wrong with my invocation
of pd_dump?  (I want to generate a file pd_restore can use to feed to
musket database.)  (2) Why pg_restore wouldn't give me listing?  And (3)
why the second pg_restore command is upset?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe -l only makes sense in the context of a dump created with -Fc.  For SQL format dumps, I usually just cat or \i them into psql.

rls

--
:wq