Re: 8.3.7, 'cache lookup failed' for a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: 8.3.7, 'cache lookup failed' for a table
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Alban Hertroys
<dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> On 12 May 2010, at 12:01, Glyn Astill wrote:
>
>> Did you not mention that this server was a slony slave at some point though?
>>
>> Just because you have removed slony, and the error comes from postgresql itself does not mean the corruption was not
causedby misuse of slony.

> Indeed. I wonder if "when we ere adding/removing slony to the system for Nth time (due to it sometimes going out of
sync)"may be caused by that as well.

ok, so either upgrade to newer version of slony, or drop all tables,
and recreate them every time slony is removed and readded to the
database.

And I guess the only reason postgresql doesn't like it, is due to
slony's behavior.

thanks guys.

--
GJ