Re: creating a table based on a table in stored in another database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: creating a table based on a table in stored in another database
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Malm Paul <paul.malm@saabgroup.com> wrote:
 I can add that I would like to do this in my java application.
E.i. just create an empty table in database1 which has the same column names and types as a table stored in database2.

I tried this for a start:
stmnt = dbConnection.prepareStatement("select dblink_connect('myconn', 'dbname=gemaps')");
resultset = stmnt.executeQuery();

but got ERROR: function dblink_connect(unknown, unknown) does not exist

Do you:

 A) Install the dblink contrib module?
 B) Run the dblink SQL file?

--Scott