O/T: performance tuning cars - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Crooke
Subject O/T: performance tuning cars
Date
List pgsql-performance
Never say never with computer geeks .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJyAA0oPAwE

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
Hi Anj,

That is an indication that your system was less correctly
modeled with a random_page_cost=2 which means that the system
will assume that random I/O is cheaper than it is and will
choose plans based on that model. If this is not the case,
the plan chosen will almost certainly be slower for any
non-trivial query. You can put a 200mph speedometer in a
VW bug but it will never go 200mph.

Regards,
Ken