Re: Hiding data in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vick Khera
Subject Re: Hiding data in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Hector Beyers <hqbeyers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe to save populate a table with 1000 rows, but the meta-data only knows
> of about 500 of them? Only on an export of a dump can you find the data
> again.

Well, here's your flaw: If you expect the data dumper to be able to
export the rows, then the system must know that the rows/tables are
there, and thus cannot be "hidden" for any definition of hidden.  To
find them, you just do the work that the dumper would do.

Ie, you seem to want to be able to write files that postgres doesn't
know are there, and that I don't believe you can do.