ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "" - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From kevin burdish
Subject ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello!

I've been sweating over this for a few hours now, and hope someone can help ...

This is the error I get for this sql with the comment removed, I believe because some of the rows contain empty strings ...

How can I get the outer join whether or not the l.assetid is an empty string?
Thanks in advance!

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""

ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
SQL state: 22P02

 select l.logid,date_trunc('second',logtime) AS date,l.detail,l.status,l.logtype,l.assetid, e.parententityid,e.address
  from pxlog l -- , pxentity e
LEFT OUTER JOIN pxentity e ON ( l.assetid::BIGINT ) = e.entityid
where l.logid >= 99999
-- AND l.assetid != ''
        order by l.logid
limit 10;