Re: plpgsql exception handling - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Uwe Bartels
Subject Re: plpgsql exception handling
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,
Yes, of course is this sql producing an error.
The point is, I want to trap the error and handle it. Here in this case I set the variable l_state and l_message.

But....
The function exits with an exception instead of returning. So the exception statement does not work as I think i would.

And I don't know why.

Best...
Uwe
PS: p_id is a variable in my code which is bigger. so ignore the update statement.