Re: Hot Standby pg_xlog problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Hot Standby pg_xlog problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Michael Blake <postgresql@akunno.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a master/slave server, which initially worked
> fine, but recently started failing with the following error:
>
> ==============
> LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at [time]
> LOG:  could not open file "pg_xlog/00000001000000000000002B" (log file
> 0, segment 43): No such file or directory
> LOG:  invalid checkpoint record
> PANIC:  could not locate required checkpoint record
> HINT:  If you are not restoring from a backup, try removing the file
> "/var/lib/postgresql/9.0/main/backup_label".
> LOG:  startup process (PID 31489) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

If you set standby_mode to on in recovery.conf, you should get
the following message before getting PANIC, but that isn't in your
log messages.

    LOG:  entering standby mode

So I guess you forgot placing recovery.conf in HS server.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center