Re: Array type error - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From RW Shore
Subject Re: Array type error
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thanks for the response. My issue is that the input and output formats aren't interchangable. The application in question is part of a replication system that converts changes into XML, processes the changes, and ultimately applies them to a target database. If the array instance says that it contains BIT data, I try to extract the array contents as a binary array; this won't work if the actual array contents are BOOLEAN. Also, as far as I can tell, the only way to insert an array value is to stringify it; the string representation for a bit array is quite different from that of a boolean array.

I understand the interchangability of bit(1) and boolean at a certain level, but IMO this is still an inconsistency at best if not an outright bug.