Re: Poor query performance on one of two "like" databases in production. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Kupershmidt
Subject Re: Poor query performance on one of two "like" databases in production.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:28 PM,  <Keaton_Adams@mcafee.com> wrote:

> I did run an ANALYZE, then vacuum full, then another ANALYZE on all tables involved in the query.  That didn't change
things. I compared QUERY TUNING settings in both postgresql.conf files and they are identical.  There is a difference
inrow counts in each table between the databases, but not by much.

Can we see EXPLAIN ANALYZE instead of just EXPLAIN output for the
queries on the two servers?

Also, can you try CLUSTER on the tables involved instead of VACUUM
FULL, to avoid introducing index bloat?

Josh