Re: Autocommit off - commits/rollbacks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tushar nehete
Subject Re: Autocommit off - commits/rollbacks
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes We can use exception for each statement to restrict the rollback.
But how we can use SAVEPOINT and rollback to SAVEPOINT
in the stored function or procedure in POSTGRES?
We can only use the savepoints in transactions but not in stored functions.

Regards,
Tushar

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net> wrote:
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:

> On 03/14/2011 10:55 PM, Vogt, Michael wrote:
>
>> Hey all
>>
>> I have a question, using the autocommit off option in postgres.
>>
>> As starting position I use a table called xxx.configuration using a
>> unique id constraint.
>>
>> Why does postgres rollback the whole transaction after an error?
>
> It's a PostgreSQL limitation (or, arguably, optimization). When a

Well, any transactional RDBMS whatsoever should behave that way.  Hardly
a PostgreSQL exclusive feature :-)

--
Jerry Sievers
e: gsievers19@comcast.net