Re: PowerDesigner 15 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: PowerDesigner 15
Date
List pgsql-general

28 декабря 2010 г. 13:02 пользователь el dorado <do_ra_do@mail.ru> написал:

Hello!

I would like to get more flexible tool for database management that EMS of pgadmin. So now I'm trying to use PD 15 with Postgres 8.4.1. It's very exciting :)
So what can I say?
It seems to be there are no problems with tables, sequences, FK... But there are some difficulties with:
1. Stored porcedures
At this branch of DBMS definition file  - PostgreSQL 8::Script\Objects\Procedure\Create - I write the following:

CREATE FUNCTION %PROC%(%PROCPRMS%)
as $body$
%TRGDEFN%
$body$
LANGUAGE  '%ProcLanguage%'  VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY DEFINER;

When I do reverse engineering I get the script of procedure, f.e.:
CREATE FUNCTION %PROC%()
as $body$
BEGIN
    RETURN i+1;
END
$body$
LANGUAGE  '%ProcLanguage%'  VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY DEFINER;

The problem is that there is that there should be some params - but here the list of params is empty.

2. Schemas
PD interprets schemas as users - for some reason. I have no definite idea - is there any opportunity to teach PD to work with schemas correctly? Maybe it's necessary to add some structure to 'Object' section or 'Profile' section of DBMS definition file ?

It's interesting at all - does anybody successfully use PD with Postgres? I'll appreciate any notices. There is no much information about it.

Regards, Marina.

Hey Marina,

We considered the possibility of usage PD with Postgres, but find another tool -
dbWrench which we liked more.

--
// Dmitriy.