Re: system views for walsender activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: system views for walsender activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 04:56, Heikki Linnakangas
>> I think pg_stat_replication is better than pg_stat_standby, but I'm
>> still not convinced we shouldn't go with the obvious
>> pg_stat_walsenders.
>
> How about pg_stat_replication_activity? If I understood correctly, the view
> is similar to pg_stat_activity, but displays information about connected
> standbys rather than regular backends. It's a bit long name, though.

The view currently discussed is for *master* servers. We might have some
views for replication activity in *standby* servers. So, I'd like to
choose consistent and symmetric names for them -- for example,
pg_stat_replication_master and pg_stat_replication_standby.
I've expected they will be pg_stat_wal_[senders|receivers]
when I was writing the patch, but any other better names welcome.

However, we have "max_wal_senders" GUC parameter. So, users still
need to know what "wal_senders" is.

--
Itagaki Takahiro