making write location work (was: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject making write location work (was: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication)
Date
Re: making write location work (was: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> I agree to get rid of write_location.
>>
>> No, don't remove it.
>>
>> We seem to be just looking for things to tweak without any purpose.
>> Removing this adds nothing for us.
>>
>> We will have the column in the future, it is there now, so leave it.
>
> Well then can we revert the part of your patch that causes it to not
> actually work any more?

Specifically, if we're not going to remove write location, then I
think we need to apply something like the attached.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment