Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From LazyTrek
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
I must say that I come from a generation not used to mailing lists, but have adopted them for PostgreSQL recently.

One of the main things I don't like is that my email address is now out there for crawlers to capture (thanks to the archive) and spam.  For this reason I use an alias email address which is a slight shame because I would prefer to use my attributable, professional email address.  Do the long standing members not have problems with spam?

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday 13 November 2010 1:52:11 pm thatsanicehatyouhave@mac.com wrote:
> I've used lists where the the line between forum and mailing list is
> blurred. See:
>
> http://www.cocoabuilder.com/
>
> This is actually a web interface for a couple of mailing lists, and is a
> great tool for searching past posts. You can't post to the web site though
> - it is strictly a third-party web interface for the lists, but it's my
> first go-to for searching.
>
> I realize you can search this list here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/
>
> but a more polished web interface of the list I think would satisfy
> everyone.
>
> BTW, I performed a search on that page for the word "replication" and the
> result was very slow ("Searching in 863,821 pages took 25.1127 seconds").
>
> Demitri

You must have hit a batch of slow electrons :) My result:
"Searching in 863,821 pages took 0.84438 seconds."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com