Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Boreham
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/2010 3:31 PM, LazyTrek wrote:
> Do the long standing members not have problems with spam?

As you can see I use a list alias. However, in my experience the notion
that you can avoid spam by not frequenting mailing lists is quaint to
say the least. The spammers have had ways to find, steal and guess your
email address for many years. I'll say that if you use an address at all
(meaning, you send people email using it), then you'll receive spam (and
lots of it).