Re: Poor query performance on one of two "like" databases in production. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vick Khera
Subject Re: Poor query performance on one of two "like" databases in production.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:28 PM,  <Keaton_Adams@mcafee.com> wrote:
> I did run an ANALYZE, then vacuum full, then another ANALYZE on all tables involved in the query.  That didn't change
things. I compared QUERY TUNING settings in both postgresql.conf files and they are identical.  There is a difference
inrow counts in each table between the databases, but not by much.

What's your default_statistics_target value?  ie, run "select
default_statistics_target;"

Try setting it to 100 if it is not already, re-run analyze, then try
the queries. The statistics may just be different.