Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups
Date
Re: Allowing multiple concurrent base backups  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Hmm, perhaps the code would be more readable if instead of the
> forcePageWrites counter that counts exclusive and non-exclusive backups, and
> an exclusiveBackup boolean indicating if one of the in-progress backups is
> an exclusive one, we had a counter that only counts non-exclusive backups,
> plus a boolean indicating if an exclusive backup is in progress in addition
> to them.
>
> Attached is a patch for that (against master branch, including only xlog.c).

I read this patch and previous-posted one. Those look good.

Comments:

+ * do_pg_start_backup is the workhorse of the user-visible pg_stop_backup()
+ * function.

Typo: s/do_pg_start_backup/do_pg_stop_backup

It's helpful to explain about this behavior in pg_basebackup.sgml or elsewhere.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center