Re: plpgsql out parameter with select into - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: plpgsql out parameter with select into
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello

It cannot work, you mix the sql with plpgsql language

2010/8/17 Imre Horvath <blemidon@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> My question is, how can I get the out parameter from a function with
> SELECT INTO by name?
> I mean:
>
> create function testfunc1(OUT _status integer) returns integer as
> $BODY$
>        _status := 0;
> $BODY$
> language plpgsql;
>
> create function testfunc2() as
> declare
>        status integer;
> $BODY$
>        select into status * from testfunc1();
> $BODY$
> language plpgsql;
>
> create function testfunc3() as
> declare
>        status integer;
> $BODY$
>        select into status _status from testfunc1();
> $BODY$
> language plpgsql;
>
> testfunc2 works, testfunc3 not.
>
> Thanks in advance:
> Imre Horvath

create or replace function test1(out _status integer) returns integer
as $$ begin _status := 10; end; $$ language plpgsql;
create or replace function test3() returns void as $$ declare status
integer; begin select into status _status from test1(); raise notice
'%', status; end; $$ language plpgsql;

this working for me.

postgres=# select test3();
NOTICE:  10test3