Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting
Date
Re: pg_ctl failover Re: Latches, signals, and waiting  (Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Ok. I will write a C user function and add to pgpool source tree. I
> think it will be fairly easy to create a trigger file in the function.

If the "pg_ctl promote" patch will have been committed, I recommend that
the C function should send the signal to the startup process rather than
creating the trigger file. Because the trigger file is checked every for 5s,
which would lengthen the failover time by an average 2.5s.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center