Re: question about phppgadmin - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vladimir Rusinov
Subject Re: question about phppgadmin
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM, osman mohamad <osman_m@ieee.org> wrote:
when I create a user "user1" and give this user the permissions on a database "db1" (including login privilage),

this user can access all databases although it doesn't have the privilges (even after implmenting the revoke command)

on the other hand, any user can access the database "db1"
after login, although I make (revoke all on database db1 from public ).

I need to restrict role "user1" to access only db1 and db2's sch_a and shc_f, and also don't show the other schemas in the same database. When listing databases, just two schemas should be shown (sch_a , sch_f).

Did user1 have CREATEROLE and CREATEDB privileges? If so, it is a superuser and can access any database. Revoke this privs from user and all restrictions would work.

--
Vladimir Rusinov
http://greenmice.info/