Re: Warning compiling pg_dump (MinGW, Windows XP) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Warning compiling pg_dump (MinGW, Windows XP)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:54 AM, Pavel Golub <pavel@microolap.com> wrote:
> RH> It seems like PGAC_FUNC_SNPRINTF_LONG_LONG_INT_FORMAT is getting the
> RH> wrong answer on your machine, though I'm not sure why.  The easiest
> RH> workaround is probably to run configure and then edit
> RH> src/include/pg_config.h before compiling.
>
> Thanks Robert. What value should I enter for this option?

Not sure.  I notice that the configure test has this comment:

# PGAC_FUNC_SNPRINTF_LONG_LONG_INT_FORMAT
# ---------------------------------------
# Determine which format snprintf uses for long long int.  We handle
# %lld, %qd, %I64d.  The result is in shell variable
# LONG_LONG_INT_FORMAT.
#
# MinGW uses '%I64d', though gcc throws an warning with -Wall,
# while '%lld' doesn't generate a warning, but doesn't work.
#

...and the values the test actually tries are:

%lld
%qd
%I64d

--