Unprivileged access to pgsql functions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Warner
Subject Unprivileged access to pgsql functions?
Date
List pgsql-general
Good afternoon.

I've been looking at the Oracle Functionality package. It's very interesting. However, the one place I'm stuck is that while user Postgres can access the functions, no other user seems to have access. I'm sure this is something simple I'm missing, but so far Google hasn't shown me the answer.

I've already tried explicitly granting execute permissions on the function, and the search path, as I understand it, is already supposed to be looking in pg_catalog.

Any pointers?

*** Non-privileged user
offload=> select nvl(null,1);
ERROR:  function nvl(unknown, integer) does not exist
LINE 1: select nvl(null,1);
               ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
offload=> \q
-bash-3.00$

*** Postgres user
-bash-3.00$ psql