Re: ERROR row is too big size 9336, exceeds size 8160 when populating record with tsquery and tsvector fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Allan Kamau
Subject Re: ERROR row is too big size 9336, exceeds size 8160 when populating record with tsquery and tsvector fields
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com> writes:
>> I am experiencing the "row is too big" error (with postgreSQL-9.0.1)
>> when populating a table having a tsquery and tsvector fields.
>
> Could we see the exact declaration of your table, please?  Did you
> play games with the STORAGE attribute of any of your columns?
>
>                        regards, tom lane

As requested below is the table definition.

It seems the tsvector field did not contribute to this error as the
error occurred when I attempted to populate the tsquery field with
rather long tsquery data. Without populating the tsvector field but
got the same error with the same size message indicating that the data
in the tsvector fields do not lead to this problem.

CREATE TABLE farm.produce
(id INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT NEXTVAL('farm.produce_seq')
,process___id TEXT NOT NULL
,item_names tsvector NULL
,product__ids__tsquery tsquery NULL
,product__ids__tsvector tsvector NULL
,population_time TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT clock_timestamp()
,PRIMARY KEY(id)
)
;

There are currently no indexes on the fields of type tsquery or
tsvector in my table.

Allan.