Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Frankly, I think we should be aiming to get a beta out in April, not
>> another alpha.
>
> That would be good, but in order to get there, +1 for cutting a new
> alpha even if syncrep isn't ready for it yet. That way we can at least
> get some more testing on all the non-syncrep code.
>
> That is assuming that cutting an alpha release isn't all that much
> work, but IIRC it's not. (Hey, I know it's not much work for me, but
> someone who actually does the work should comment on the total
> amount...)

As I understand it, it requires only the steps described here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Alpha_release_process

That all looks pretty straightforward, assuming you can log into
developer.postgresql.org, which I can't.  I think I remember having an
ftp account at some point, but it's not accepting connections on port
22, so there is doubtless some secret sauce I am missing here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company