Re: pg_restore to log file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: pg_restore to log file
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
On 18 May 2010 17:11, akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> pg_restore -h 10.xx.xx.xxx  -d dbName  -n schemaName -v -U postgres
>  testDB_20100414.txt    -f outputifile
>
> I got the following error "pg_restore: options -d/--dbname and -f/--file
> cannot be used together"
>
> Regards

That's odd.  I can't see why those settings should conflict, although
I notice you haven't specified your input file as the last parameter.
It shouldn't appear before the other arguments.

Yeah, the output file isn't for messages, it's for the data.  You can restore a compressed dump to two places, either a text file (-f) or a database (-d).

--Scott

Anyone else know?

Thom