Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest)
Date
Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>>> Well, a prerequisite for cutting an alpha is closing the
>>> commitfest, which at this point reduces to deciding what we are
>>> going to do with the plpython traceback patch.
>
>> AFAIK, there's nothing particularly special about that patch,
>> other than that the author chose to move it back from Returned
>> with Feedback to some other status.
>
> I don't see it having been in Returned with Feedback.  The reviewer
> moved it to Ready for Committer, committers raised issues and moved
> it to Waiting for Author, and the author submitted a new patch and
> moved it back to Ready for Committer.

Sorry, you're right.  Still, as happy as I am that we've made so much
progress with PL/python (and other things) this CommitFest, I think
it's time to pick a date and time to ship alpha4 and call this one
good.  If the patch makes it, great; if not, oh well.  We can't keep
letting this drag out.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company