Re: system views for walsender activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: system views for walsender activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 19:20, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> "pg_stat_replication" seems to be the most understandable name.
>
> Please go with whatever you think best for now. I'm sure people will ask
> for different names later anyway. Let's get this committed soon, to
> reduce later patch conflicts. Thanks.
>
> Please add sent_location, I will add others.

OK, I added a view named s "pg_stat_replication". The view is basically
based on Simon's patch, but I just skipped unused WalSnd entreis in
WalSndCtl rather than return NULLs. The applied patch attached.

I expect we will have two views for master and standby servers:

  * pg_stat_replication
       Activity of wal senders in master server.
  * pg_stat_standby (not yet)
       Activity of a wal receiver and a recovery process in standby servers.

I didn't use pg_stat_wal_sender/receiver as their names because standby
activity in slaves could contain not only a wal receiver but also a
recovery process.

--
Itagaki Takahiro

Attachment