Re: Grant command help -- postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From akp geek
Subject Re: Grant command help -- postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the help. it worked

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Gary Chambers <gwchamb@gmail.com> wrote:
akp geek,

> I created a schema , I used pg_restore with postgres as user and restored every thing to the new schema I
> created. Now  I want to change the owner ship of the schema and all its objects to a different user
> other than postgres. Is it possible to do that with one command?

In those cases, I will create a user, then create a schema owned by
that user (and oftentimes remove login privileges if it's mostly
static):

create user blah encrypted password 'my_password';
create schema authorization blah;

After that, it's only a matter of executing:

pg_restore -U postgres -n blah -d db yourdumpfile.dmp

This is predicated on having executed pg_dump with the -Fc (custom
format) option.  I haven't tested it with an text dump file.

-- Gary Chambers