Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Date
Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-performance
2010/6/24 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:

>> And I'm also planning to implement unlogged tables, which have the
>> same contents for all sessions but are not WAL-logged (and are
>> truncated on startup).

this is similar MySQL's memory tables. Personally, I don't see any
practical sense do same work on PostgreSQL now, when memcached exists.
Much more important is smarter cache controlling then we have now -
maybe with priorities for some tables and some operations
(applications) - sometimes we don't need use cache for extra large
scans.

Regards

Pavel Stehule