Re: "COPY TO stdout" statements occurrence in log files - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: "COPY TO stdout" statements occurrence in log files
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Is this normal? I'm afraid because my application doesn't run this kind of
> statement, so how can I know what is doing these commands? Maybe pg_dump?

I think pg_dump is likely, yes, if you have that scheduled. I don't
think anything in the log file will identify it as pg_dump explicitly
(I believe as far as the server is concerned, pg_dump is just another
client), but if you're concerned about this, you can add the client
pid (%p) to log_line_prefix in postgresql.conf, log the pg_dump pid
through whatever mechanism manages that, and compare.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
msakrejda@truviso.com