Re: (9.1) btree_gist support for searching on "not equals" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: (9.1) btree_gist support for searching on "not equals"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 12:27 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I was also wondering if it would be worth adding some additional
>> regression testing to contrib/btree_gist exercising this new
>> functionality.  Thoughts?
>
> Sure. I attached two tests.

Committed.  I renamed the test to "not_equals" rather than "mixed" and
added an "EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF)" in there to verify that the index is
actually being used.  (I might have to remove that if it turns out not
to be stable between an index scan and a bitmap index scan, but let's
see what the buildfarm says.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company