Re: Re: BUG #5602: Recovering from Hot-Standby file backup leads to the currupted indexes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Re: BUG #5602: Recovering from Hot-Standby file backup leads to the currupted indexes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The safest approach is to
>
> 1. run pg_start_backup() on master, remember LSN
> 2. copy backup_label from master to standby
> 3. wait for starting LSN to be applied on standby

ISTM we should wait for the latest checkpoint redo location to reach
the starting location which pg_start_backup() returns.

> That ensures we don't run without full page writes during backup and
> that we have an explicit consistency point to work from.

Yeah, the current documented procedure might not work when
full_page_writes is off on the master. This should be documented.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center