Heartbeat + pacemaker configuration for PostgreSQL log shipping - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jody McIntyre
Subject Heartbeat + pacemaker configuration for PostgreSQL log shipping
Date
Re: Heartbeat + pacemaker configuration for PostgreSQL log shipping  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Re: Heartbeat + pacemaker configuration for PostgreSQL log shipping  (Isabella Ghiurea <isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>)
List pgsql-admin
Has anyone successfully configured heartbeat + pacemaker (or any other HA package for that matter) to control PostgreSQL in log shipping mode?  All the examples I've found use drbd.

My current thinking is to start/stop the database as in a non HA setup (using upstart, since this is Ubuntu), and write a custom pacemaker resource agent such that:

- "start" on the secondary creates a trigger file and waits for recovery to complete before returning success.  "stop" does nothing (returns success.)  Pacemaker would be configured for manual failback.
- "start" and "stop" on the primary does nothing.  We would STONITH the primary before taking over the database.

Does this sound reasonable?  Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks,
Jody